1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- One and a halfcup slivered almonds
- Eight eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup water
- Three teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups cake flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- One and a halfteaspoon salt
- 3-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
How to make Almond Brittle Torte
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan along with aluminum foil; butter the actual aluminum foil and hang apart. Inside a soup pot, combine the sugar, water, corn syrup and coffee granules. Bring to the steam more than medium-high heat, stirring constantly, till a chocolate temperature gauge scans 290°. Spread with baking soda, mixing constantly (mixture may froth). Mix within the almonds. Put into ready pan. Awesome totally.
- Inside a big dish, mix the egg yolks, water, lemon juice as well as vanilla; mix nicely.
- Combine flour and 3/4 cup sugar; increase egg cell yolk combination as well as blend well. In a large dish, beat egg whites, cream associated with tartar and salt till soft peaks type. Defeat in leftover sugar, One tablespoon at a time. Collapse into the batter. Pour into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Make from 350° for 50-55 minutes or even till cake springs when gently handled. Awesome on a wire rack.
- Eliminate cake from pan. Split flat into 4 layers. Location bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with about 3/4 cup whipped cream. Split almond fragile in to small pieces; spread some more than cream. Repeat levels two times. Distribute leftover whipped cream more than best and sides associated with cake; sprinkle with leftover brittle.
- Refrigerate until helping. Deliver: 12-16 portions.
Almond Brittle Torte is ready to serve.
- 12-16 Servings
- Prep: 35 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling