200g (1 cup) Brown Rice & Wild Rice Blend
- Three green shallots, thinly sliced
- 50g (2/3 cup) flaked almonds, toasted
- 75g (1/2 cup) currants
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 60mls (1/4 cup) fresh orange juice
- 125mls (1/2 cup) light olive oil
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- Salt & ground black pepper, in order to taste
How to make Almond and currant rice salad
- Add rice blend to a large soup pot associated with boiling water and boil, discovered, with regard to 20-25 moments or until sensitive. Drain and funky. Combine rice, green shallots, almonds, currants, basil, cumin as well as cinnamon inside a dish. Cover and put within refrigerator for 1 hour to permit flavours to build up.
- To help to make dressing, whisk with each other orange juice, olive oil as well as vinegar. Season along with salt and pepper. Put dressing within the rice mixture as well as throw nicely to mix. Serve from space heat.
Almond and currant rice salad is ready to serve.