Recipes for Almond
Almond rice chicken Ingredients:
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, divided
How to make Almond rice chicken:
Place the rice in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with chicken. In a bowl, combine soup, milk, celery, onion, parsley, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup of almonds. Pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining almonds. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Almond Nankathai Ingredients
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to make Almond Nankathai
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
Almond Nankathai is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:10 Min
Ready In:25 Min
Almond Tea Ingredients
4 cups hot water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant tea
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to make Almond Tea
- In a large saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a boil; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in the tea, lemon juice and extracts.
- Almond Tea is ready to serve.
Prep/Total Time: 20 min.
Almond Chocolate Cake Ingredients
1 package (18-1/4 ounces) German chocolate cake mix
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons almond extract
- 2-3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 6 tablespoons refrigerated regular or amaretto-flavored nondairy creamer
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
How to make Almond Chocolate Cake
- In a large bowl, combine the cake and pudding mixes, water, oil, eggs and extract; beat until combined. Stir in 2 cups chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, combine the creamer and remaining chocolate chips. Cook over low heat until chips are melted; stir until smooth. Cool for 45 minutes. Drizzle over cake. Garnish with almonds.
Almond Chocolate Cake is ready to serve.
Prep: 15 min. Bake: 65 min. + cooling
Almond Butter Coffee Cake Ingredients
1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4, cup shortening
- 1 cup milk, scalded
- 1/2 cake yeast
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1/16 teaspoon mace
- 1/16 teaspoon cardamom
How to make Almond Butter Coffee Cake
- Add sugar, salt and shortening to milk and cool to lukewarm.
- Add crumbled yeast and let stand 5 minutes.
- Add egg and 1% cups flour; beat well. Add remaining flour sifted with spices; then knead well.
- Let rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Knead down and let rise again. Shape into 2 coffee cakes and place in greased pans. Let rise 15 minutes.
- Spread almond mixture on top and let rise until doubled in bulk. Bake in moderate even (375° F.) 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Almond Butter Coffee Cake is ready to serve.
Total Time105 min
Almond Coated Basa Ingredients
2 basa fillets
- Â½ cup ground almonds
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Â¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Â½ tsp black, pepper
- Â½ cup flour
- Â¼ cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- Cooking oil
How to make Almond Coated Basa
- Take the ground almonds in a bowl and add Parmesan cheese and spices. Mix these well. Beat egg with buttermilk in another bowl. Coat the fish with flour and dip fish fillets in egg mixture. Then apply almond mixture on fish. Heat oil in large frying pan. Fry the fish in the oil till the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Almond Coated Basa is ready to serve.
Almond Chicken Ingredients
Marinating time 1 hour shopping list
- 2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1″x3″ strips. shopping list
- Marinade: shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine (or cooking sherry) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2″ slice ginger root, chopped fine shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. chicken stock shopping list
- Coating: shopping list
- 1 egg, whisked together with 2 tsp. water shopping list
- 1 cup ground almonds shopping list
- 6 cups peanut oil, for frying shopping list
How to make Almond Chicken
- In a large bowl, combine marinade ingredients. Place chicken in marinate, turning to coat. Marinate chicken for 1 hour, turning after 30 minutes. Remove chicken from marinade and drain on paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, place chicken and egg. Turn to coat the chicken completely. Roll chicken strips in almonds to coat. Let amond coated pieces set 15 minutes before cooking.
- Heat oil in a large skillet to 350. Fry chicken pieces in batches 1 layer deep until crisp, golden brown. Be sure to let grease get back up to 350, between batches. Drain on paper towels. Serve Immediately.
- Almond Chicken is ready to serve.
Time : 30 Min
Honey Almond Chicken Ingredients
6 bone-in chicken parts
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
How to make Honey Almond Chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Arrange chicken parts in a baking dish.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat, and cook onion 5 minutes, until tender. Stir in honey, almonds, and lemon juice, and continue cooking 2 minutes, or until heated through. Pour over the chicken, coating each piece.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil. Bake chicken 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove foil, and continue baking 30 minutes, until chicken juices run clear.
- Spicy Garlic Lime Chicken is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:1 Hr 10 Min
Ready In:1 Hr 25 Min