Chicken Ala King Ingredients:
- 1 Chicken cooked, skinned, deboned and cut into bite size pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 greenpepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 250g (10oz) button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ¾ cup chickenstock
- 1 cup (10fl oz) milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
How to make Chicken A la King:
- Melt the butter and saute onion, greenpeppers and garlic. Add mushrooms and fry until tender.
- Stir in the flour to form a roux/paste and add the chicken stock and milk and bring to the boil.
- Keep stirring until sauce thickens. Add the cooked chicken and seasoning and sherry. Heat through before serving. Chicken a la king can be served with mashed potatoes, pasta or rice.
- My vegetable suggestion is baby peas because I think they go well with chicken and rice dishes. Here’s some tips if you need to know how to cook rice