Al Baik Chicken – Al Baik is often a popular junk food restaurant in Saudi Arab, and also the most widely used dish ordered is Al Baik Chicken. This Al Baik Chicken recipe by Chef Zakir works on the syringe that is certainly stuffed with a spicy marination, it’s then coated in egg and flour, and deep fried.
Whole chicken with skin 1
- Lemons 2
- Eggs 2
- Corn flour 1 cup
- Plain flour 2 cups
- Ginger paste 1 tbsp
- Red food colour 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon powder 1/2 tsp
- Garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder 4 tbsp
- Olive oil 4 tbsp
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
How to make Al Baik Chicken
- Cut whole chicken into 8 pieces with the skin intact.
- Mix together red chilli powder, lemon juice, cinnamon powder, olive oil and salt to taste and fill in to a syringe.
- Marinate chicken pieces with garlic paste, ginger paste and salt to taste.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and keep aside.
- In a bowl mix plain flour and cornflour together.
- Dip chicken in beaten eggs and coat with plain flour.
- Repeat process by dipping each chicken piece in egg followed by plain flour again.
- Fill the chicken with prepared spice mix with a syringe.
- Fry in a covered pan for 10 to 15 minutes. Al Baik Chicken is ready to be served.
- Note: You can use self-raising flour instead of plain flour to coat chicken.
Al Baik Chicken is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes