3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- One and a halfteaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Six cups confectioners’ sugar
- Six to eight tablespoons milk
- Red and yellow liquid or paste food coloring
- One and a halftablespoon baking cocoa
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
How to make Acorn Brownie Cake
- In a dish, cream the actual butter, peanut butter and brown sugar. Include eggs, one at a time, beating well after every add-on. Beat within vanilla. Mix flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake the capital t 350° with regard to 25-30 minutes or even until a toothpick placed near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire stand.
- With regard to frosting, cream butter, shortening as well as vanilla. Beat in confectioners’ sugar and enough milk to attain desired regularity. Place Six tablespoons every in two containers. Shade one red and one yellow; put aside. Add cocoa towards the leftover frosting; mix well.
- Using the acorn design on pullout pages 34-35 and folded shined up document, find base of acorn up to dark brown dashed collection. Eliminate and happen.
- Find the acorn cap on to collapsed waxed document. Cut out as well as happen.
- Having a razor-sharp knife, trace designs upon cooled down brownie; cut out. Reduce the rest of the brownie in to three to five leaves utilizing a 3-in. maple leaf used vinyl cutter; set aside. On the 16-in.-square protected board, position acorn limit over the acorn base within middle of board. Ice best and sides associated with acorn with tan frosting.
- Sprinkle pecans more than acorn limit.
- Ice simply leaves along with remaining tan frosting. Using an topping spatula, at random blend red and yellow frosting over simply leaves. Make use of a toothpick to form blood vessels in the leaves. Set up decorated simply leaves around the acorn. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Acorn Brownie Cake is ready to serve.