- Boiled split pea lentils 250g
- Tomato puree 250g
- Bottle gourd 1/2kg
- Large green chilies 6
- Curry leaves 6
- Coriander 1/2bunch
- Turmeric 1tsp
- Fennel seeds 1tsp
- Rye 1tsp
- Salt 1/2tsp
- Nigella seeds 1/2tsp
- Cumin 2tsp
- Chaat masala 2tsp
- Red chili powder 2tsp
- Minced garlic 2tsp
- Tamarind pulp 4tbsp
How to make Achari Chana Dal Loki
1. Heat 1 cup oil in a skillet and fry 2tsp minced garlic until it begins to sizzle
2. Add 1tsp rye, 1/2tsp nigella seeds,2tsp cumin,2tsp red chili,1tsp turmeric and 1tsp fennel seeds.
3. Add 6 curry leaves, when the aroma is given off add the finely chopped bottle gourd.
4. Cook until the oil floats on top. Add 250g tomato puree , cover and simmer for 15 minutes
5. Now add the 250g boiled split gram beans along with ½ bunch chopped coriander
6. In a separate bowl, mix 4tbsp tamarind pulp with 2tsp chaat masala. Slit the green chilies length wise and stuff with the tamarind mixture
7. Put the chilies into the lentils, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.