Recipes for achar
Looking for authentic achar Recipes? EvernewRecipes has +3,000 trusted achar Recipes, all created, tested, reviewed and approved by home cooks. Find recipes for healthy, quick and easy achar Recipes.Sponsored Links:
- Papaya- 1/2 kg
- Salt - less than 1/4 cup
- Boiled and cooled water - 1/2 cup
- Powdered dry chilli-1/2 cup
- Fenugreek – 1tsp
- Garlic flakes- 12
- Ginger sliced lengthwise - 1tsp
- Gingelly oil - 1/2 cup
- Mustard- 1tsp
- Fenugreek - 1tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1tsp
- Garlic flakes - 1/4 cup
- Ginger sliced lengthwise - 1dsp
- Dry chilly split into 2 piece – 1/4 cup (remove the seeds)
- White vinegar- 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice - 1/4 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Mustard - 1/4 cup (Heat the mustard and remove its covering)
How to make Papaya Pickle:
- Slice the papaya into 2″ length and 1/4″width pieces.
- Apply the salt on the sliced papaya pieces and keep it for 1hour.
- Grind the 3rd ingredients finely with little water.
- Heat the gingelly oil in a pan and season the mustard and fenugreek.
- Add the turmeric powder and saute for a while.
- Add garlic.
- When it is half sauteed, add the dry chillies.
- Put the ground ingredients and saute well.
- Pour the warm water and when it boils, add vinegar, lemon juice, sugar and salt.
- When the gravy thickens, remove from fire and allow to cool.
- Add the papaya pieces and the mustard seeds into it.
- Stir well.
- 15 carrots, peel & cut into long pieces
- 2 onions, chopped into big cubes
- 1/2 tbsp. ginger-garlic paste
- 2 dry red chilies, broken into pieces
- 2 tsp. coriander powder
- 1 tsp. mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin (jeera) powder
- 1/4 tsp. fenugreek (methi) powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. brown sugar (or powdered jaggery)
- 3 tsp. lemon juice or vinegar
- 2 tsp. red chili powder
- A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tbsp salt (or to taste)
For the seasoning:
- 1 cup oil
- 1/4 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp. cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/4 tsp. urad dal (black gram)
- 1/4 tsp. methi (fenugreek) seeds
- 1 tbsp curry leaves
How to make Spicy Carrot Pickle:
- Make a coarse paste of the onions and keep aside.
Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and urad dal to it.
- Once the seeds splutter add asafoetida, broken red chilies and curry leaves too.
- Then add onion paste, ginger-garlic paste and saute ½ till golden brown.
- Turn off the stove and allow it to cool.
- After the mixture cools, add the carrot pieces, salt, lemon juice and all other ingredients.
- Mix well and store in an airtight jar.
- Refrigeration is required.
- Allow the carrots to marinate in this mixture for 2 days.
- The pickle is then ready to serve.
- Serve with steam rice or curd (yogurt) and rice.
- 4-5 apples, cored and sliced
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried ginger powder
- 2 onions, sliced
- 8-10 green chilies
How to make Sweet Apple Pickle:
- In a large non-aluminum pan, combine vinegar, sugar, salt, garam masala, ginger powder and fresh ginger.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add onion and apple slices and cook.
- Add green chilies and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture becomes thick.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
- ½ kg long purple brinjals /egg plants
- 3 tablespoons chilly powder
- 6 pods garlic
- 50 grams fresh ginger
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon tumeric powder
- 1 cup refined oil
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
How to make Indian Brinjal Pickle:
- Wash and dry the brinjals well.
- Cut the brinjals into medium size pieces.
- Peel the ginger and garlic and chop into tiny bits.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the ginger and garlic and saute on low heat for a few minutes.
- Add the chilly powder, mustard powder and tumeric powder and fry for a minute.
- Now add the brinjals and salt and cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Add the vinegar and sugar and mix well.
- Cook till the sugar dissolves.
- Cool and store in bottles
- Nellikai- 15
- Mustard Seeds – 2 Tsp
- Fenugreek – 1/4 Tsp
- Curry Leaves – Few
- Red chilli powder – 2 Tsp
- Salt – As Required
- Oil – 1 Small cup
- Turmeric – 1/4 Tsp
How to make Instant Nellikai Pickle:
- Wash Nellikai and wipe with a paper towel.
- Cut into small pieces along the mark.
- Dry fry Mustard seeds, Curry leaves and Fenugreek.
- Grind them into coarse powder.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add turmeric powder. Add the cut Nellikai pieces.
- Allow it to cook in the oil.
- Once it is cooked (should not take more than 5 mins if the oil is hot), add chilli powder, salt and the coarse powder.
- Mix well.
- Switch of the stove.
- Allow it to cool.
- Transfer it to an air-tight container (do not pack it tightly).
- Hot pickle is ready!
- red chilli powder 20 gms
- cumin seeds 20 gms
- mustard seeds 20 gms
- all spices 25 gms
- ginger/garlic paste 60 gms
- onion paste 100 gms
- sugar 200 gms
- vinegar 2 tbsp
- turnip, thinly sliced 300 gms
- carrots, thinly sliced 300 gms
- mustard oil 2 tbsp
- cauliflower florets 500 gms
- Salt to taste
How to make Mixed Vegetable Pickle:
- Dry the cauliflower, turnip and carrots in the sun for two days.
- Dissolve sugar in vinegar and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok, add onion and ginger/garlic paste and stir in the dry spices along with salt and vegetables.
- Cover and cook for five minutes.
- Add vinegar and mix well.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool.
- Transfer into a sterilised glass jar and cover with a cloth.
- Keep in the sun for five days.
- 10-20 – Gooseberry
- 15-16 – Green chillies
- Turmeric powder, a pinch
How to make Gooseberry Pickle:
- Clean the gooseberries.
- Take water such that the gooseberries will be completely immersed.
- Add turmeric to water and boil the water.
- Once the water starts to boil, add the gooseberries to it, and allow to boil for 2 to 3 minutes, and the switch off the gas.
- After the gooseberries cool, transfer the gooseberries to a plastic/glass bottle, and fill the bottle with the same water in which the gooseberries were cooked.
- Slit the green chillies and add.
- Add salt.
- Keep the bottle in room temperature for 1 day and the store the pickle in refrigerator.
- An ideal pickle for those who cannot bear hot pickles and also for children.
- 6 ripe lemons
- Menthi seeds
- Chilli powder according to taste
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
How to make Instant Lemon Pickle:
- Cut 3 lemons into small pieces taking out the seeds from them.
- Peel and take the juice from the other 3 lemons
- Heat a small cup of water and let it cool.
- Pressure cook the lemon pieces – do not add any water to the pieces.
- Fry rai,hing in oil and add chilli powder and salt.
- Roast the menthi seeds and add 2 tablespoons of powder to the above mixture also adding in the juice taken from the 3 lemons
- Once the lemons in the cooker have boiled add them to the above mixture and you can have the lemon pickle immly !! without drying in the heat and waiting for 5 days or so.
- 1/2 kg Lemons
- 1 kg Sugar
- 2 tsp Red chili pepper
- 1 Inch cinnamon
- 4 Cloves
- 1-1/2 Cups water
- 3 tbsp Salt
How to make Sweet Lemon Pickle:
- Peel the lemons, slice and remove seeds.
- Sprinkle salt over the lemon pieces.
- Make half-thread consistency sugar syrup.
- Add lemon pieces, red chili pepper, cinnamon and cloves to it and cook until it boils.
- Place it in a jar and set it aside for one week before using.
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 50 Cayenne chillies, roughly chopped
- 10 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 teaspoon Garam Massalla
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 15 tablespoons olive oil
How to make Chilli Pickle:
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan to a medium heat and stir fry the onion until golden.
- Add the chillies and stir fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Do not skim off any oil.
- Pour the contents into an air tight jar and store in the fridge for up to two weeks.