Recipes for achar
Looking for authentic achar Recipes? EvernewRecipes has +3,000 trusted achar Recipes, all created, tested, reviewed and approved by home cooks. Find recipes for healthy, quick and easy achar Recipes.Sponsored Links:
Date Pickle Ingredients:
- 500 gm Dates
- 1/2 Cup red chili powder
- 1/2 Cup garlic paste
- 1/2 Cup ginger paste
- Salt to taste
- 5 tsp Oil
How to make Date Pickle
- Soak the dates in water for 1 week, in the refrigerator.
- After 7 days, the dates will be very soft.
- Remove the seeds from the dates and then strain them.
- In a pan, heat oil.
- Add garlic, ginger, red chili powder and salt.
- Then add the date paste and cook for 5 min.
- Remove it and cool.
Date pickle or Khajoor ka Achar is ready to serve.
Potato Pickle Ingredients:
- 250 gms potatoes, slightly boiled, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 25 gms chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 13 gms garlic, crushed
- 13 gms methi (fenugreek) seeds, powdered
- 2 lemons
- 50 gms oil
- 2 1/2 gms mustard seeds
- 2-3 red chilies
- A pinch of asafoetida
How to make Potato Pickle
- Pat dry the potato pieces with a cloth or paper towel and place in a clean bowl; add chili powder, salt, crushed garlic, methi seeds powder and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan; add red chilies, mustard seeds, asafoetida and pour over the potato pieces.
- Finally add lemon juice; mix well and store in an air-tight container.
- After 3 days, mix the mixture well.
Potato Pickle is ready to serve.
Cauliflower Pickle Ingredients
- 1 kg Cauliflower
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- a pinch of Asafoetida
- Juice of 5 Lemons
- 2-3 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Fenugreek seeds(roasted)
- 2 tsp Table salt
How to make Cauliflower Pickle
- Cut cauliflower into small pieces of 1 cm each.
- Wash the pieces under running water.
- Soak the pieces in salted water t5aken in a vessel for at least 10 min, then drain the water.
- Now heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds start spluttering, add cauliflower pieces.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes and then add turmeric powder and chilli powder to it . Cook for 2 min more.
- Put off the flame and then add the fenugreek. Stir and add the lemon juice.
- Allow to cool , kept tight in a jar and serve when necessary.
Cauliflower Pickle is ready to serve.
Arbi Pickle Ingredients:
½ Kg Arbi
- 2 Tsp Ground Methi Seeds
- 4½ Tsp Ground Spices
- 1½ Cup Mustard Oil
- ¼ Tsp Nutmeg
- 4 Tsp Ground Aniseed
- 3 Tsp Red Chili Pepper
- 4 Tsp Salt
- 1½ Cups Vinegar
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- 1 Small Piece Mace
How to make Arbi Pickle
- Boil the arbi in salted water for 20 mins.
- Drain the water and let it cool.
- Peel the outer skin and again fry it in the hot oil until brown.
- Add vinegar, ground spices, aniseed, red chili pepper, methi, salt, lemon juice, grated nutmeg, and mace.
- Cool and place the whole thing in an airtight jar.
Arbi Pickle is ready to serve.
Cabbage Pickle Ingredients
- Grated cabbage – 2cups
- Red chillipowder – 3tsp
- Salt – 3tsp
- Mustard powder – 3tsp
- Garlic pods – 6
- Oil – 4tsp
How to make Cabbage Pickle
- Sprinkle salt to grated cabbage and leave it aside for 30min or so.
- Squeeze out the water from cabbage completely.
- Now add red chillipowder,mustard powder and finely chopped garlic and oil to it accordingly.
- This pickle tastes crunchy and great after 6hrs with rice or chapathis.
Cabbage Pickle is ready to serve.
Brinjal Pickle Ingredients
- 1 kg long brinjals washed and chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup refined oil
- 2 pods garlic, ground or chopped
- 2 inch piece of ginger ground or chopped
- 2 tablespoons chilli powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 cups vinegar (white)
- 1-1 1/2 cups sugar (as per taste)
- 2 tablespoons salt
How to make Brinjal Pickle
- Soak the chilli powder, cumin seeds, mustard powder, fenugreek seeds and turmeric powder in the vinegar for at least 1/2 an hour. Grind together.
- 2 Heat the oil in the pan and fry the ground spices, ginger and garlic in it for 10-15 minutes.
- 3 Add the salt and sugar.
- 4 Bring to the boil and add the brinjals. Stir well and continue to cook on a very slow fire till the brinjals are cooked and the mixture has thickened.
- 5 Cool, bottle and store in a dry place.
Brinjal pickle is ready to serve immediately.
Apple Refrigerator Pickle Ingredients
1 cup water
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice berries
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 6 apples – peeled, cored and sliced
- How to make Apple Refrigerator Pickle Recipe
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
How to make Apple Refrigerator Pickle
- Place the water, cider vinegar, sugar, allspice, clove, nutmeg, and ginger into a small saucepan, and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Meanwhile, toss the sliced apples with the lemon juice, and pack into two sterilized 1 quart canning jars with lids and rings. Pour the boiling syrup over the apples, and affix the lids and rings.
- Allow the jars to stand at room temperature until cool. Once cool, ress the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Place in the refrigerator, and wait 1 week before opening.
- Apple Refrigerator Pickle is ready to serve.
Prep Time:20 Min
Cook Time:2 Min
Ready In:7 Days 2 Hrs 22 Min
Rummage Relish Ingredients
8 cups cored and chopped green tomatoes
- 4 cups peeled, cored and chopped red tomatoes
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 3 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup salt
- 4 cups brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 quarts vinegar
How to make Rummage Relish
- In a large bowl, combine the green tomatoes, red tomatoes, cabbage, onion, cucumber, green pepper, and red pepper. Mix with the salt and let stand for 12 to 14 hours in a cool place, if not the refrigerator. Drain and rinse thoroughly.
- Prepare 8 pint jars with lids and rings by sterilizing and keeping hot. Set aside.
- In a large pot, combine the brown sugar, celery seed, cinnamon, mustard seed, ginger, garlic, cloves and vinegar. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add vegetables, and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Bring vegetables to a boil from a simmer and ladle into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Secure lids and rings. Process in a boiling water canner for 15 minutes. Cool to room temperature and refrigerate any jars that fail to seal properly.
- Rummage Relish is ready to serve.
Prep Time:30 Min
Cook Time:55 Min
Ready In:13 Hrs 25 Min
Laura’s Pickled Garlic Ingredients
6 bulbs garlic
- 4 cups white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 dried red chile peppers
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon zest
How to make Laura’s Pickled Garlic
- Trim the tops from the heads of garlic. Peel off all but one layer of the outer skin. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the vinegar, sugar, peppercorns, cloves, bay leaf, chile peppers and lemon zest. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, and continue to boil for another 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand overnight at room temperature.
- Transfer to a clean jar. Strain the brine into the jar with the garlic so that the heads are completely covered. Discard the solids. Cover and store in the refrigerator until using. It will keep for 6 to 8 weeks. To keep longer, store in sterile jars and process in a hot water bath for at least 10 minutes to seal the jars.
- Laura’s Pickled Garlic is ready to serve.
Cook Time:10 Min
Ready In:10 Min
Candied Dills Ingredients
1 gallon dill pickle slices, drained
- 5 pounds white sugar
- 2 tablespoons pickling spice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
How to make Candied Dills
- Remove and reserve half the pickles from their container. Pour approximately 1/2 the sugar over the pickles. Pour in 1 tablespoon pickling spice and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Repeat with remaining pickles, sugar, pickling spice and cinnamon.
- Seal the jar and refrigerate. Turn approximately every six hours for 24 hours to help dissolve the sugar. Serve when the sugar has dissolved.
- Candied Dills is ready to serve.
Prep Time:20 Min
Ready In:1 Day 20 Min