Home / Tag Archives: achar gosht
Tag Archives: achar gosht
Achari Gosht Ingredients
- 1 ½ pounds or 800 grams of Mutton (boneless)
- 5 Whole Red Chillies (Lal Mirch) (more or less may be used depending on taste preferance.)
- ¾ cup Onions (pureed)
- 1 tsp. Ginger Paste (Pisi Adrak)
- 1 tsp. Garlic Paste (Pisa Lehsan)
- 1 tsp. Cumin Seeds (Saabut Zeera)
- 1 tsp. Mustard Seeds (Rai)
- 1 tsp. Nigella Seeds (Kalonji)
- 1 tsp. Fenugreek Seeds (Methi)
- 5 Cloves (Loung)
- 15 grams of Jaggery (Gur)
- 1 tsp. Aniseeds (Sounf)
- ½ tsp. Turmeric Powder (Pisi Haldi)
- 1 tsp. Red Chilli Powder (Pisi Lal Mirch)
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 cup Plain Yogurt
- 4 cups Water
- ½ cup Mustard Oil
How to make Achari Gosht
- In a dish whisk the plain yogurt with one liter of water.
- In a microwavable dish heat the mustard oil until hot in the microwave. Add to the oil: the ginger paste, garlic paste, onion puree, cloves, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, nigella seeds, fenugreek seeds and aniseeds. And microwave on high for 8 minutes.
- Then mix in the red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt and microwave for another 2 minutes.
- Add the mutton, whole red chillies, jaggery and curd water mixture and cook in a pot on the stove for about 15 minutes, or until well done.