Home / Tag Archives: Achaari
Achaari Prawns Ingredients:
- 20 fresh tiger or large prawns, peeled with tail shells on and deveined
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 200g plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp Patak’s Medium-Hot Lime Pickle, puréed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp crushed cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
How to make Achaari Prawns:
- Put the prawns into a large mixing bowl with the squeeze of lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients. Pour over the prawns and stir well. Leave in the fridge to marinate for a couple of hours. Meanwhile, soak the skewered in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Thread 5 prawns onto each skewer and grill under a medium heat for 6-8 minutes, turning once, until cooked.
- Serve with salad leaves, wedges of lime and raita for dipping