Home / Tag Archives: Aamla
Aamla Murabba Ingredients:
- 20 (500 grams) amlas (indian gooseberries)
- 2 1/2 cups (500 grams) sugar
- 1/4 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
- a few saffron (kesar) strands
How to make Aamla Murabba:
- Wash the amlas thoroughly. Prick them with a fork at regular intervals.
- Boil plenty of water in a pan, add the amlas and boil for 10 minutes over a high flame. Drain and keep aside.
- Dissolve the sugar in 3 cups of water and bring the syrup to a boil. Add the amlas and cook over a slow flame for about 30 to 40 minutes or until the amlas are soft.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely. Keep covered in a cool dry place for at least 48 hours, so that the amlas soak in the syrup.
- On the third day, drain the amlas from the syrup, boil the syrup with cardamom powder and saffron till it reduces to a 2 to 3 string consistency. Add the amlas and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Bottle in a sterilised glass jar. Store for upto 1 year at room temperature.
Aamla Achaar Ingredients:
- 1/2 kg amla (indian gooseberries)
- 100 gms tamarind (imli)
- 25 gms turmeric powder (haldi)
- 200 gms chilli powder
- 100 gms fenugreek seeds (methi) powder
- 250 ml sesame (til) oil
- 20 gms mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 10 gms fenugreek (methi) seeds
- salt to taste
How to make Aamla Achaar:
- Wash amla and wipe dry using a cloth.
- Cut them into small pieces (along the line seen on amla).
- Soak tamarind in warm water and remove the seeds.
- In a mixer jar, add tamarind, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, fenugrek powder and salt and grind into a paste.
- In a kadhai, heat little oil at first and fry the amla pieces.
- Cover the kadhai with a lid and cook the amla pieces in low flame. do not add water.
- When the amla is softened, add the tamarind paste and remaining oil andfry for 5 minutes.
- Heat a teaspoon oil and season with mustard and fenugreek seeds.
- When cold, store in air-tight container.
Amla pickle ingredients
- 1/2 kg Amla
- 125 gms Green Chillies (slit )
- 125 gms Oil
- 50 gms Salt
- 1/2 tsp Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 tblsp roasted & powdered Sesame seeds
- 1 small Lemon
How to make Amla Pickle
- Wash and dry amla and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry green chillies for 2 minutes.
- Remove the chillies from the pan Add jeera and mustard seeds.
- Then add Aamla and fry for few minutes.
- Sprinkle some water and cover the pan with a lid and let it stay for 6 minutes.
- Turn the flame to medium and stir regularly.
Amla pickle is ready to serve.