Vegan Wild Rice And Mushroom Soup Recipe
Vegan Wild Rice And Mushroom Soup Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 2 3/4 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 cups brown rice, uncooked
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
How to make Vegan Wild Rice And Mushroom Soup:
- Bring the vegetable broth to a boil in a large saucepan and add the wild rice. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, then add brown rice. Cover and cook for another 45 minutes, or until rice is done cooking.
- In a large skillet, sautee the onions and garlic until onions are brown and carmelized, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add mushrooms, celery and spices and cook for another 5 minutes, adding more oil or a little bit of broth if needed.
- Add the cooked rice, fresh parsley and almonds, and stir well to combine. Cook for another minute or two, until everything is just heated through.
Tags mushroom soup mushrooms rice soup vegetables