Tortilla Meatball Soup Ingredients:
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 ears corn on the cob
- 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1/3 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups (3/4-inch) cubed red potatoes
- 1 cup (1/2-inch-thick) slices carrot
- 3 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Pre-heat broiler.
- Cut jalapeños and bell pepper in two lengthwise discard seed products and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on the foil-lined baking sheet. Arrange corn on baking sheet with all kinds of peppers. Broil four to six minutes or until blackened, turning corn once. Place all kinds of peppers inside a paper bag fold to close. Let stand fifteen minutes peel. Mince jalapeños, and coarsely chop bell pepper. Cut corn popcorn kernels from cobs. Put aside.
- Place tortilla strips in one layer on the baking sheet gently coat with cooking spray. Broil for several minutes or until golden brown, turning after 2 minutes. Put aside.
- Mix 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 garlic clove clove, panko, and subsequently 3 elements (through chipotle chile) inside a large bowl, and lightly mix until just combined. With moist hands, shape the meat mixture into 24 meatballs (a couple of tbsps each).
- Convey a Nederlander oven over medium-high warmth. Add oil to pan swirl to coat. Add meatballs to pan sauté for 8 minutes, embracing brown on every side. Remove from pan. Add onion, taters, and carrot to pan sauté a few minutes, stirring from time to time. Add remaining 5 garlic clove cloves prepare one minute, stirring constantly. Add all kinds of peppers, broth, and a pair of cups water provide a boil. Reduce warmth simmer twenty minutes or until veggies are nearly tender, stirring from time to time. Return meatballs to pan. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and corn go back to a simmer. Prepare ten minutes or until meatballs are carried out. Ladle 1 1/2 cups soup into all of 6 bowls top each serving with 4 teaspoons Monterey Jack cheese, 2 teaspoons cheddar cheese, and 4 teaspoons cilantro. Top evenly with tortilla strips.
Tortilla Meatball Soup is ready to serve.