Potato Chicken Clam Chowder Ingredients
4 slices chicken, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter, or as needed
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 glasses cubed, reddish colored skin-on potatoes
- 1 (8 oz) package clam juice, divided up
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 glass diced carrots
- 1/4 cup diced fresh mushrooms
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 glass butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 glasses whole milk
- 1 pint half and half
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, or to taste
- 2 bay foliage
- 1 tsp dehydrated thyme
- 1 tsp dried dill marijuana
- 2 (6.5 ounce) cans minced clams
- 6 leaves spinache Alternatively, more to taste
- ground and salt black pepper to preference
- Place chicken inside a sizable, weighty saucepan and prepare above method-high warmth, transforming occasionally, until consistently browned, about 10-20 minutes. Strain chicken slices on paper bath towels. Pour chicken drippings into reserve and bowl.
- Dissolve 1 tablespoon butter in the very same saucepan over medium-high warmth. Prepare and mix red onion in hot butter right up until smooth, 5 to 8 minutes or so. Add potatoes, 1/2 the container of clam liquid, mushrooms, carrots and celery 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper, and 1 tsp salt. Give a simmer, reduce heat to moderate-very low, include the saucepan, and prepare until finally vegetables are just soft, about a quarter-hour.
- Melt 1/2 mug butter in a huge cooking pot around medium sized heat. Whisk flour into dissolved butter till easy.
- Whisk half, milk and one half, and cream into flour mixture right up until sleek and a little thickened, about 10-20 minutes.
- Stir organic mix, bay foliage, thyme, and dill into cream mix. Bring to a simmer, decrease heating to method-reduced, and simmer until finally veggies are chowder and tender is hot, 15 minutes.
- Blend minced clams, spinach foliage, and booked chicken drippings into chowder. Prepare till clams are heated up via, 3 to 5 minutes or so. Time of year with salt and pepper to flavor.
Potato Chicken Clam Chowder Recipe is ready to serve.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Ready In: 60 minutes
Yield: 4 servings