Onion Soup Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups sliced onions
- 4 (10.5 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices French bread
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 2 slices Swiss cheese, diced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter with essential olive oil within an 8 quart stock pot on medium warmth. Add let’s eat some onions and constantly stir until tender and translucent. Don’t brown the let’s eat some onions.
- Add beef broth, sherry and thyme. Season with pepper and salt, and simmer for half an hour.
- Warmth the oven broiler.
Ladle soup into oven safe serving bowls and put one slice of bread on the top of every (bread might be damaged into pieces if you like). Layer each slice of bread having a slice of provolone, 1/2 slice diced Swiss and 1 tablespoon Mozzarella dairy product. Place bowls on cookie sheet and broil within the pre-heated oven until cheese bubbles and browns slightly.
Onion Soup is ready to serve.