Low Carb Fish Chowder Recipe
Low Carb Fish Chowder Ingredients:
- 1 pound of Fish Fillets (in bite-sized cubes)
- 1 Carrot (diced)
- ½ of a medium sized Onion
- 2 stalks of Celery (thin slices)
- ½ pound of Cauliflower Flowerets (Phool Gobhi)
- 4 tsp. of Thickener (non-starch)
- 2/3 cup of Heavy Cream
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (Pisi Kaali Mirch) (fresh ground – to taste)
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil or Butter (Makhan)
- 1 ¼ quarts of Fish Stock or Water with Fish Soup Powder
How to make Low Carb Fish Chowder:
- Preheat oven to 325°F, and line a large baking pan with oiled foil.
- Cook the carrots, celery, and onion in olive oil or butter until they start to soften.
- Place fish stock in a large saucepan. Add all vegetables and and simmer until vegetables are soft.
- Add fish and continue to cook until fish is white.
- Add thickener to thicken to chowder consistency.
- Remove from heat and add heavy cream and seasonings. Serve immediately.
Tags Chowder fish low carb