Cucumber Potato Soup Ingredients
4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, diced and seeded
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed or 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- Additional pepper and salt to taste
How to make Cucumber Potato Soup
- In a very large saucepan, cook potatoes in salted water until very soft.
- Place sieve over the large bowl.
- Pour potatoes and liquid into sieve and force potatoes through. Return to saucepan.
- Stir in cucumber, pepper, cream, milk and onion.
- Simmer gently for around 5 minutes or until cucumber is tender.
- Add dill, salt and pepper.
Cucumber Potato Soup is ready to serve hot or cold.
yield: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 30 min