Prawn Kofta Recipe
Prawn Kofta Ingredients:
- 450g/1lb peeled prawns ( shrimp), minced
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 50g/2 oz/1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 30 ml/2 tbsp mustard oil
- 30ml/2 tbsp ghee
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 10ml/2 tsp garam masala
- 10 ml/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2.5cm/1 in freshinger,chopped
- 300 ml/1/2 pt /1 1/4 cups coconut milk
- 15ml/1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
How to make Prawn Kofta:
- Season the prawns with salt then mix with the onions and chilies. Shape into 12 balls or koftas, dip in egg the roll in breadcrumbs. Heat the mustard oil and fry until browned.
- Heat the ghee and fry the bay leaves, onion, garam masala, turmeric and ginger for 5 minutes, stirring continuously and adding a little water as necessary.
- Stir in the coconut milk and salt and bring to the boil. Add the koftas and simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce is thick. Garnish with coriander and serve hot with rice.
Tags kofta prawn