Peruvian Causa Ingredients:
- 2 lbs Yukon potatoes For (mashed potatoes)
- 4-5 tbsp aji amarillo paste found at Latin grocery stores or specialty stores For (mashed potatoes)
- Salt to taste For (mashed potatoes)
- ¼ cup of Olive oil Juice of 1 lime For (mashed potatoes)
- 1 finely diced medium sized red onion (for relish)
- Juice from 2 fresh limes (for relish)
- Can of corn or kernels of 4 ears of cooked corn or 16oz (usually 2 jars) high quality jars of tuna (in olive oil) (for filling)
- 2 avocados(for filling)
- ¼ cup of Mayonnaise (this is to mix with tuna) (for filling)
- Mashed taters: Boil the potato’s until soft from center, drain, take away the skin and permit to awesome. Mix the rest of the elements for that mashed taters and mash utilizing a ricer, grater or mixer. Remove all protuberances. The taters ought to be stiff and also have a nearly dough-like consistency
- For that relish:Squeeze the juice from the fresh lime to pay for the let’s eat some onions and then leave to soak. Because the onion soften and lime juice turns pink, drain the let’s eat some onions (usually after ten minutes)
- Filling: Carefully slice the avocadoes,
- Inside a mixing bowl chuck the ball salt, pepper, mayo and tuna (getting rid of the oil) together or you are adding the corn, ensure that it stays ready and also at 70 degrees
- Adding: Within an 8’ by 4’ glass dish, spread single ½“ thick layer from the spicy mashed taters. Follow having a layer from the avocadoes, then a layer from the corn or seafood. Follow having a fianl layer of taters and garnish final layer using the relish.
Peruvian Causa Recipe is ready to serve.