Peppered Shrimp Alfredo Ingredients:
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 pound portobello mushrooms, diced
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (15 ounce) jar Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Bring a sizable pot of gently salted water to some boil. Add pasta and prepare for eight to ten minutes or until al dente drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter along with the essential olive oil inside a soup pot over medium warmth. Stir in onion, and prepare until softened and translucent, a couple of minutes. Stir in garlic clove, red-colored pepper, and mushroom prepare over medium-high warmth until soft, a couple of minutes more.
- Stir within the shrimp, and prepare until firm and pink, then pour in Alfredo sauce, Romano cheese, and cream provide a simmer stirring constantly until thickened, about a few minutes. Season with cayenne, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir drained pasta in to the sauce, and serve spread with chopped parsley.