- Fresh Chilies seeded 2
- Red peppers 2 seeded and roughly chopped
- Garlic cloves 2 (crushed)
- Shallot 1 (roughly chopped)
- Tomatoes 400 gms (chopped with juice)
- Sugar 100 gms (dark muscovite)
- Vinegar 3 tbsp
- Blend the chilies, peppers, garlic, shallot and tomatoes in a food processor until smooth. Pour the puree into a stainless saucepan, add the sugar and vinegar, then bring to the boil, stirring from time to time. Reduce the beat and simmer for 40-60 minutes until thick, stirring regularly, especially in the latter stages of cooking.
- Pour into large, warm sterilized jars then cool. This will keep for up to 2 weeks in the fridge, per tbsp 31 kilocalories, protein 1gms, carbohydrates 8gms, fat none, saturated fat none, fibre 1g, added sugar 6gms, salt 0.18gms.