Potato and Green Bean Salad Ingredients:
1 pound small new potatoes
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet onion rings
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1/4 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- freshly ground black pepper
How to make Potato and Green Bean Salad
- Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan, cover with cold water, add a pinch of salt,
cover pan, and bring to a boil. Continue boiling until the potatoes are about 2/3
done, about 14 minutes. Add the green beans and boil until both beans and
potatoes are just cooked. Let cool until cool enough to handle.
- Cut the potatoes into 1-inch cubes, leaving their skins on; place in a large bowl. Cut the green beans into 1-inch lengths and add to the potatoes. Add the onion rings, green pepper, celery, and parsley. In a small bowl, combine well the oil, vinegar, and oregano. Salt and pepper to taste. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss gently but well. Serve at room temperature.
Potato and Green Bean Salad is ready to serve.