Persian Rice Salad ingredients
2 14-ounce cans vegetable broth
- 2 cups long-grain brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups roasted salted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sliced pitted dates (about 7 ounces)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
How to make Persian Rice Salad
- Bring broth to boil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Mix in rice. Return to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook without stirring until rice is tender, about 40 minutes.
- Spread out rice in large baking pan and cool.
- Transfer rice to large bowl.
- Add cashews, dates, and green onions; toss to blend.
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, chopped cilantro, and ground cinnamon in small bowl.
- Add to rice and toss to coat.
- Season salad to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature.
Persian rice salad is ready to serve.