- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- Sweet-Sour Dressing
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tbsps white or cider vinegar
- One and a half tbs chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash red-colored pepper sauce
- 1/2 small head lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces (Three cups)
- 1/2 bunch romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces (3 mugs)
- Two moderate celery stalks, chopped (One and a halfcup)
- Two moderate green onions, thinly sliced (Two tablespoons)
- 1 can (Eleven oz) mandarin orange segments, drained
How to make Mandarin Salad
- In 1-quart saucepan, cook almonds and 4 teaspoons sugar more than low warmth regarding 10 minutes, mixing continuously, until sugar is melted as well as almonds are coated; awesome and falter.
- In tightly covered container, tremble all dressing elements. Refrigerate till serving period.
- In large bowl, throw salad elements, dressing and almonds. Function immediately.
Mandarin Salad is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 6 servings (about 1 1/3 cups each)