Frozen Salad Ingredients
Green peas 1 cup, shelled and boiled
- Potatoes 2 boiled and diced
- Carrots 2 boiled and cut into small pieces
- Capsicums 2 remove seeds and pith and cut in small pieces
- Pineapple 4 slices, chopped
- Cucumbers 2 deseeded and chopped
- White pepper 1 tsp, powdered
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Gelatine 1 tbsp
- Fresh cream 2 pkts
- Mayonnaise 1 bottle medium
- Salt to taste
How to make Frozen Salad
- Heat some water in a shallow pan. Put the gelatine in 2 tbsp cold water in a small heatproof bowl. Put the bowl in hot water and stir the gelatine till it dissolves.
- Remove from heat. Mix the cream and mayonnaise together in a jelly mould with white pepper, sugar and gelatine, beat with a fork till well mixed.
- Add pineapple and all vegetables and mix again. Freeze for an hour and a half. To serve put the frozen mould in hot water for three to four minutes, run a knife around the edges and tip out in a flat dish.
- Decorate with lettuce leaves and extra pineapple slices if desired.