Frozen Fruit and Vegetables Salad Ingredients
1 1/2 tbsp gelatin powder
- 200 ml boiling water
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, cut into 6 pieces each
- 100 g peas, cooked
- 1 medium potato, cooked and diced
- 50 g carrots, cooked and diced
- 50 g cucumber, diced
- 50 g apples, peeled and diced
- 2 oranges, peeled and diced
- 3 tomatoes, sliced into 6 pieces each
- 4 lettuce leaves, shredded
- 150 ml mayonnaise
- 150 ml cream
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make Frozen Fruit and Vegetables Salad
- Dissolve gelatin in water, mix well and blend with the mayonnaise, cream and seasoning.
- Add all vegetables, eggs and fruit. Pour into a moistened bowl and leave overnight (6-8 hours) to set in refrigerator.
- To un-mould, dip the bowl into hot water for a second and invert onto platter.
Chef’s tip: Moistening means rinsing the bowl with cold water. You may add or substitute pineapple or any other citrus fruit.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 6 – 8 hours