Turkish Chicken Rice Ingredients
- chicken only legs, thighs, breast and wings, 1 lb
- Tomatoes 3 large peeled, seeded and chopped
- Onions 2 finely chopped
- Garlic 2 cloves minced
- Coriander seed 1 tbsp ground
- Saffron ½ tbsp
- Olive oil 4 tbsp
- Bay leaf 1 crushed
- Bell Peppers 2 finely diced
- Kalamata olives pitted and dices 1 cup
- Chicken broth 2 cups preferably homemade
- White raisins 2 tsp soaked in boiling water 30 minutes.
- Long grain with rice 1 lb
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ground cumin ½ tsp
how to make Turkish Chicken Rice Recipe
- Remove the skin from chicken pieces. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cook in oil. Remove pieces as they brown.
- They should be almost cooked at this point.
- If they are not, turn down heat and continue cooking. Add onions to the oil left in the pan and cook until soft.
- Add garlic, bay leaf and ground coriander. Stir in rice until well coated with the oil.
- Add bell peppers and cook a few minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, cumin and saffron. Add raisins.
- Return chicken pieces to pan.
- Pour 2 cups boiling chicken stock. Cover pan. Turn down heat and simmer 10 minutes. Add olives and continue simmering 10 to 15 minutes until rice is cooked.
- Add some drops of Tabasco.
- Serve hot.
[singlepic id=533 w=320 h=240 float=center]