Home / Rice / Sticky Rice Balls In Coconut Milk Recipe
Sticky Rice Balls In Coconut Milk Recipe
Sticky Rice Balls In Coconut Milk Ingredients:
- 1 cups glutinous rice flour
- 10 drops of pandan (screwpine) paste mixed with 1/2 cup water
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups coconut milk cream (see below)
- 3/4 cup packed palm sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs (optional)
How to make Sticky Rice Balls In Coconut Milk:
- In a mixing bowl, mix the flour with pandan water to make a stiff dough. Knead well and roll the dough into small balls (as shown in pictures below).
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Toss in the flour balls and boil until done (they will float to the surface). Remove with a slotted spoon and rinse with cool water, drain and set aside.
- To get coconut cream, remove the lid from a can of coconut milk and, without stirring the contents, remove the top cream and discard the thin liquid. Our Chaokoh brand is very high quality so it only takes about 1 1/2 cups of coconut milk to yield 1 1/4 cups coconut cream.
- In a large brass wok, mix 2 cups coconut cream with palm sugar. Bring to a boil and add the cooked flour balls. When the mixture returns to a boil again, remove from heat.
- For the topping: in a small saucepan, dissolve 1/2 cup coconut cream with salt. Remove from heat just as it gets hot.
Tags coconut milk rice