- 8 pancakes
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Soya sauce, for dipping
- 4 oz flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 8 oz water
- Yellow food colour
- 2 tbps oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 225 gms cooked rice
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Soya sauce
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup chicken pieces, cooked
- Handful of coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- To prepare rice, heat oil in a wok and fry cumin seeds.
- Add vinegar, Soya sauce and chilli sauce.
- Toss in rice, spring onion, peas, coriander, chicken, salt and pepper.
- To prepare pancakes, sift the flour and salt into a bowl.
- Whisk the egg. Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in the beaten egg and half the amount of water and beat well to make a smooth paste.
- Add the remaining water and stir. Add colour.
Leave the batter to rest for about one hour before using. Heat a non-stick frying pan and add a few drops of oil.
- Pour in a little batter and tilt the frying pan quickly so that the batter covers the base of the pan. Fry for two minutes. Invert the frying pan on a greased plate.
- Turn the pancake upside down. Place a heaped tablespoon of the rice filling on each pancake and join the edges together.
- Tie with a string and brush with egg white.
- Place on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c for 20 minutes or until the pancakes are golden.