Rice Khichdi recipe
Rice Khichdi Ingredients:
- 2 cups rice
- 1 cup toor dhal
- 5 cloves
- 1 cinnamon
- 5 cardamom
- 2 finely sliced onion
- 6 to 8 small size tomatoes
- 4 slitted into halves green chillies
- 12 to 15 mint leaves
- 1/2 bundle corriander leaves
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup veg. oil
- a few curry leaves
- 3 cups water
- a pinch of turmeric powder
How to make rice khichdi:
- Wash and cook dhal with a pinch of turmeric powder. Set aside.
- Don’t discard the cooked dhal water.
- Fry the onions, cloves, cinnamon and cardamom.
- When onions are golden add slit green chillies, mint, curry leaves and a part of the corriander leaves.
- Keep the remaining corriander leaves for garnishing.
- Add salt, ginger and garlic paste. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the washed, drained rice and chopped tomatoes. Fry for few minutes.
- Add the cooked dhal, mix well and add 3 cups of water.
- Add cooked dhal water. Cook it for 8 to 10 minutes till the rice is done.
- Garnish with chopped corriander leaves and serve hot.
Tags khichdi rice