Nawabi Pulao Recipe
Nawabi Pulao Ingredients:
- 1/2 Chicken
- 1/4 kg Mutton
- 1/2 kg Rice
- 1 cup Curd, well beaten
- 1 cup Milk
- 3 Onions
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Green peas, shelled
- 1 pod Garlic
- 1 big piece of Ginger
- 1 tsp Rose water
- Ghee or Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
How to make Nawabi Pulao:
- Clean and wash rice and soak it in water for 15 minutes.
- Cook the rice till half done. Keep aside.
- Clean and cut the mutton into cubes. Joint the chicken. Boil the eggs and keep aside.
- Slice the onions. Grind ginger and garlic to a paste.
- Heat ghee in a frying pan, add onions, ginger-garlic paste and fry well.
- Add the jointed chicken and fry. Add 3 cups of water and salt to taste and cook on slow fire till the meat is tender and only 1/3 of the gravy is left.
- Add some more ghee and the well beaten curd. Cook on a slow fire until the curd gets absorbed.
- Add 1 tsp of rose water after the meat has cooled.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan and arrange alternate layers of rice and cooked meat taking care that the first and last layers are that of rice.
- Place in an oven and cook for about 15-20 minutes on low heat.
- Garnish with fried onions, quartered boiled eggs and boiled green peas.
Tags Nawabi pulao rice