Moong Dal Khichdi Recipe
Moong Dal Khichdi Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ cup yellow mung dal
- 4 to 5 curry leaves
- ½ tbsp turmeric powder
- 2-3 dried red chillies
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- a pinch of asafoetida
- 2 tbsp of ground cumin and desiccated coconut powder
- Freshly grated coconut and coriander for garnishing
- coconut powder
- Sugar to taste
- Salt to taste
How To Prepare Mung dal khichdi:
- Take the dal and rice and clean them. Wash them properly and mix both of them. Soak them and drain. Keep for 15 minutes.
- Now take a kadhai/wok and heat oil in it. Add asafoetida, curry leaves and dried red chilies. Cook for a minute.
- Now add he dal mixture and turmeric. Stir and mix well. Add 3 cups of hot water to it and mix thoroughly.
- Add ground cummin and desiccaed coconut powder, sugar, salt and garam masala and mix well.
- Take a pressure cooker and cook it in it till done.
- Mung Dal Khichdi is ready to be served. Garnish with freshly grated coconut and coriander before serving.
Tags daal khichdi moong rice