1 cup of rice
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil or 1 tbsp. fresh basil
- pinch cayenne or red pepper flakes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1/3 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
How to make Mexican Rice Recipe
- In medium size cooking pan, heat olive oil, garlic, onion, green pepper brown rice, and add seasonings. Then add tomato sauce and water. Cook for about 20 to 25 minutes.
Mexican Rice Recipe is ready to serve.