Matki Pulao Recipe
Matki Pulao Ingredients:
- 1 cup Matki (Moth beans) sprouts
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups cooked basmati rice (or leftover rice)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (or cumin)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 green chillies, thinly sliced (or as per taste)
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and grated (or chop it fine)
- About 1 cup bell peppers, sliced
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin-coriander powder
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 spring onion sliced
- Salt to taste
How to make Matki Pulao:
- In 1 tsp of oil, saute the seeds.
- Once aromatic, add onion, spring onion whites, ginger, garlic, chilli and bell peppers with salt until soft.
- Then add the sprouts and saute them for a few minutes along with spices and some water (about 1/4 cup).
- Cover and cook – the steam will cook the sprouts.
- Add the cooked rice to the mix.
- Mix until well stirred.
- Garnish with herbs and spring onion greens.
Tags matki pulao rice