Junglee Pulao Ingredients:
250 gms leftover meat (lamb or beef) curry
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1 large onion
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 tbsps garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tsps coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 green chillies slit lengthwise
- 1 tbsp garam masala powder
- 1 cup mixed vegetable (beans, peas, carrots, cauliflower, potato, etc)
- 2 1/2 cups hot water
- 3 tbsps vegetable/ canola/sunflower cooking oil
How to make Junglee Pulao
- Wash the Basmati rice well and soak in a bowl of water for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a deep, heavy-bottomed pan and add the onions. Fry till golden.
- Add the garlic and ginger pastes and fry till light brown.
- Add all the powdered spices, tomatoes and green chillies. Fry till the oil begins
to separate from the masala.
- Add the rice, leftover meat curry, veggies and water and mix well. Add salt to
- Bring the rice to a boil, simmer, cover and cook till all the water dries up. If the
rice is still slightly uncooked add half a cup of water to it and continue to cook.
Junglee Pulao is ready to serve.