Home / Rice / Hyderabadi Vegetable Pulao Recipe
Hyderabadi Vegetable Pulao Recipe
Hyderabadi Vegetable Pulao Ingredients:
- 350 gms Basmati Rice
- 200 gms Potatoes
- 200 gms Carrots
- 100 gms Onions
- 4 Green Chilies
- 30 gms Ginger
- 20 gms Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 cup Curd
- 1 tsp Saffron
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1/3 cup Mint ( Pudina leaves )
- 1/3 cup Coriander Leaves
- 4 tsp Rose Water
- 50 gms Cashewnuts
- 50 gms Almonds
- 25 gms Raisins
- 120 gms Ghee
- Salt To taste
How to make hyderabad biryani:
- Wash and soak the basmati rice for half an hour. Drain the water. Put the rice, some more water and add half the whole garam masala and salt in a pan.
- Bring the rice to a boil and cook until the rice is done. Drain and keep aside.
- Dice the peeled potatoes and carrots and wash them. Slice the onions and green chilies.
- Peel ginger and garlic and chop finely. Chop the coriander and mint leaves.
- Soak the almonds in water for half an hour and keep aside.
- Beat the curd in a bowl and divide into two equal portions.
- Dissolve saffron in warm milk and add it to one portion of the curd mixture.
- Heat ghee, add the remaining garam masala and sauté over medium heat until it begins to crackle.
- Add onions until golden brown. Then add green chilies, ginger, garlic and stir for a minute.
- Add turmeric and chili powder, saute for half a minute add the chopped vegetables and stir for a minute.
- Add the portion of plain curd, stir, add 2/3 cup water, and bring to a boil, then simmer until the vegetables are cooked.
- Add the dry fruits and nuts when the vegetables are done.
- In the handi with the cooked vegetables, sprinkle little saffron curd, mint and coriander.
- Then spread half the rice and again sprinkle the remaining saffron-curd, mint and coriander and top it with the remaining rice.
- Place a moist cloth on top, cover the lid tightly so that it gets sealed.
- Put the handi on dum in a pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve the hyderabadi biryani hot with mint chutney and other vegtables.
Tags hyderabadi hyderabadi pulao pulao vegetable vegetable pulao
Shahjahani Biryani is encouraged from Mughal dishes. Marinade poultry makes a mouthwatering preference together almonds and pistachio serve with raita and salad.