This is a typical pakistani fried rice recipe.
- 400 gm Rice
- 100 gm Ghee or butter
- 65 gms onion
- 2 gms cinnamon
- 2 gms Bay leaf
- 1 gm peppercorns
- 6 gms Salt
How to make Pakistani Fried Rice:
- Heat the ghee in a large saucepan and add the finely sliced onion.
- Fry till golden brown, remove from the pan and keep aside.
- To the hot fat, add the washed and drained rice and the spices.
- Keep stirring and fry for 4-5 minutes till the rice appears glazed. Add salt and boiling water an inch above the rice.
- Boil and simmer till the water is almost absorbed and then put into a very slow oven at 250 degree and leave for 20-25 minutes till the rice is cooked.
- Serve garnished with fried onions. Hard-boiled eggs cut in slices may also be used as a garnish.