Chicken Sindhi Biryani Ingredients
- 1-1 1/2 kg mutton
- 1 kg basmati rice (soaked in water for atleast 1/2 an hour)
- 1/2 kg potato (cut into large chunks)
- 1/2 kg tomato (chopped)
- 250 g yogurt
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 3 medium onions
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste (Lehsan)
- 2 teaspoons ginger (Adrak)
- 8 green cardamoms (Chhoti Ilaichi)
- 4 black cardamom pods (Bari Ilaichi)
- 10 cloves (Laung)
- 10 pieces black pepper (Kali Mirch)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed (Zeera)
- 1 cinnamon stick (Dalchini)
- 2 bay leaves (Tez Patta)
- 250 g oil
- 6 green chilies
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves (Dhaniya)
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves (Podina)
- 2 pinches yellow food coloring
- 10-15 prunes (Aaloobukharay)
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 black cardamom pods
How to make Chicken Sindhi Biryani
- Slice the onion and fry it in oil until it is light brown. Take out 1/4 of it and keep aside.
- Add Garlic (Lehsan), Ginger (Adrak), tomatoes, prunes (Aaloobukharay), salt, chili powder, cloves, cardamoms, Black Pepper, (Kali Mirch), Cumin Seeds (Zeera), and cinnamon to the remaining fried onions.
- Fry this until the tomatoes are tender and the water is dry.
- Then add meat, yogurt and water (if desired) and cook on medium heat until the meat is tender and the water has evaporated.
- On other side boil the potatoes until they’re half cooked.
- Now, add green chillies, mint, coriander leaves, and the half boiled potatoes to the meat. Simmer for 2, 3 minutes. Your meat curry is done.
- Boil the rice with salt, bay leaves, cinnamon sticks and black cardamom and drain the water off when the rice is half done.
- Layer the curry with the rice in a pot in one on one layers. Sprinkle the food color, fried onions, and chopped mint leaves on top of the last layer.
- Close the lid tightly making sure no steam passes out of the pot and cook on low heat until the rice is done.
- Gently mix it before serving.
- Serve with Raita.
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 1½ hours