Brinjal Rice Recipe
Brinjal Rice Ingredients:
- 500 gm basmati rice
- 300 gm brinjals
- 1″ piece ginger
- 2-3 pieces tej patta
- 1 onion
- 3-4 green chillies
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup tomato pulp
- 1 tbsp cardamom and cloves
- 1/4 cup fresh grated coconut
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup green coriander leaves
- For powdered masala :
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp roasted cumin seed powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cardamom and lavang powder
- For wet masala :
- 5 cloves of garlic, ginger, grated
- coconut and cariander leaves (ground).
How to make Brinjal Rice:
- Soak rice in water for 10 minutes.Wash the brinjals and cut into long pieces.
- Apply salt and keep aside.Heat oil in a pan fry brinjal pieces.
- Again heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add onions, chopped garlic, lavang, cardamom, green chillies and bay leaves.Stir.
- Add ground masala paste, powdered masala and tomato pulp and salt to taste.
- Now add rice and mix well. Add 5 cups of water to the rice and bring it to a boil.
- Add a little lime juice and cover the pan.
- After 8-10 minutes of cooking add fried brinjal pieces and cook for another 5-7 minutes. Serve hot.
Tags baingan Brinjal rice