Home / Rice / Andhra Chicken Biryani Recipe
Andhra Chicken Biryani Recipe
Andhra Chicken Biryani Ingredients:
- Chicken pieces 4 large
- Biryani rice 2 measures
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 small tomato chopped
- 1 tbs mint leaves
- 1 tbs coriander leaves
- 4 cloves
- 1 piece of cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large elaichi
- 2 tsp garlic-ginger paste
- A couple of all the great south indian whole garam masalas ( i dont even know their names)
- 2 tbs of ghee
- 5-6 Cashew nuts (optional)
- 1 tbs of cooking oil
- 1 glass of buttermilk/curd
- Salt to taste
How to make Andhra Chicken Biryani:
- While you’re chopping and cleaning soak the Chicken pieces in the buttermilk with a pinch of garlic-ginger paste for marination. Curd or any form of it softens the chicken very well.
- Heat ghee and oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add all the whole garam masala, then add the cashew nuts, and roast on slow fire until they begin changing colour.
- Add the green chillies and the sliced onions and cook till pink in colour.
- Now add the ginger-garlic paste and roast it for 1 min.
- Add large pieces of tomato, chopped coriander and mint leaves at this point and stir in for 1 more minute. (sorry i missed this part earlier)
- Add some of the marinate mixed with a cup of water and the chicken to the pressure cooker.
- Do not add salt now. Pressure cook the chicken for 5 minutes.
- Cool the pressure cooker and open, to add the rice grains.
- Mix in 1 more cup of water. ( do know your rice well. some basmati rice cooks quickly with the least amount of water)Add salt to taste, shut the pressure cooker again and wait for 2 whistles.
- Cool the cooker and the Biryani is ready.
- Make some lovely raita with diced cucumber, onions, tomatoes, coriander leaves, nicely blended curd, salt, cumin powder, a pinch of red chilli powder and a 1/2 tsp of sugar. It really goes well with the Biryani
Tags Andhra Biryani chicken chicken biryani rice
Shahjahani Biryani is encouraged from Mughal dishes. Marinade poultry makes a mouthwatering preference together almonds and pistachio serve with raita and salad.