Shahjahani Biryani Recipe
Shahjahani Biryani is encouraged from Mughal dishes. Marinade poultry makes a mouthwatering preference together almonds and pistachio. It is going fantastic with raita and salad.
- Rice 1 kg
- Chicken ½ kg
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Whole dry coriander 1 tsp
- Milk 2 tbsp
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Oil ½ cup
- Tomato 5 (sliced)
- Almond 8
- Onion 3 (fine chopped)
- Green chili 6
- Pistachio 10
- Cloves 4-5
- Saffron 1 pinch
- Cinnamon stick 1lemon half
- Salt to taste
- Marinade chicken with salt, ginger garlic paste and ¼ cup yogurt and leave for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil and fry onion. Remove half onion in a plate and keep aside.
- In remaining onion add marinade chicken, red chili powder, turmeric, garam masala powder, dry coriander and tomato. Cook it for 5 minutes.
- Now add remaining yogurt and green chilies. Cook until chicken tender and thick masala left.
- Stir in almond and pistachio; remove from heat.
- Add lemon juice, cloves, salt and cinnamon in water and boil rice until 80% rice is cooked. Drain the water.
- Now take a wide bottom cooking spread and pan a layer of chicken then rice, again chicken and rice.
- Mix saffron in milk and sprinkle over rice. Simmer about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve delicious birayni with raita and salad.