Frying Pan Pizza ingredients
1 yellow pepper , deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 courgette , thickly sliced
- 1 red onion , cut into wedges
- 225g self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil , plus 1 tsp
- 5 tbsp fresh tomato pasta sauce
- 50g cheddar , grated
How to make Frying Pan Pizza
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7.
- Position the pepper, courgette and red onion on a large non-stick baking tray and drizzle with One teaspoon olive oil.
- Season well and toss to combine. Roast inside oven for 20 mins until soft and start to brown. Put aside.
- Heat the grill to medium.
- Season the flour well and, in the large bowl, mix while using remaining oil and 4-5 tbsp water to create a soft dough.
- Knead briefly, then roll out on a floured surface to your rough 20cm circle.
- Transfer the dough to a large ovenproof, nonstick frying pan and fry over a medium heat for five mins, until the underside sets out to brown.
- Turn over and cook for the further 5 mins.
- Spread the tomato sauce within the base, scatter with all the roasted veg, then sprinkle with cheddar. Grill the pizza for 3-4 mins until cheese has melted.
Frying Pan Pizza is ready to serve, sliced into wedges, which has a large green salad.
Prep time: 10 min
cook time: 35 mins
Yield: 4 servings