Vietnamese Salad Rolls Ingredients
1 (8 ounce) package rice vermicelli
- 8 ounces cooked, peeled shrimp, cut in half lengthwise
- 8 rice wrappers (6.5 inch diameter)
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- water as needed
How to make Vietnamese Salad Rolls
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to boil. Remove from heat. Place rice vermicelli in boiling water, remove from heat, and let soak 3 to 5 minutes, until soft. Drain, and rinse with cold water.
- Fill a large bowl with hot water. Dip one rice wrapper in the hot water for 1 second to soften. Lay wrapper flat, and place desired amounts of noodles, shrimp, carrot, lettuce and basil in the center. Roll the edges of the wrapper slightly inward. Beginning at the bottom edge of wrapper, tightly wrap the ingredients. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix the hoisin sauce with water until desired consistency has been attained. Heat the mixture for a few seconds in the microwave.
- Serve the spring rolls with the warm dipping sauce.
- Vietnamese Salad Rolls Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:20 Min
Cook Time:5 Min
Ready In:25 Min