Sukhothai Pad Thai Ingredients
1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tamarind pulp
- 1 (12 ounce) package dried rice noodles
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups ground peanuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground, dried oriental radish
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
How to make Sukhothai Pad Thai
- To prepare Pad Thai sauce: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, blend sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and tamarind pulp.
- To make Pad Thai: Soak rice noodles in cold water until soft; drain. In a large skillet or wok over medium heat, warm oil and add garlic and eggs; scramble the eggs. Add tofu and stir until well mixed; add noodles and stir until cooked.
- Stir in Pad Thai sauce, 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Stir in peanuts and ground radish. Remove from heat and add chives and paprika.
- Serve with lime and bean sprouts on the side.
- Sukhothai Pad Thai Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:20 Min
Cook Time:10 Min
Ready In:30 Min