Lobster Chicken Macaroni and Cheese Ingredients:
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1 (2 pound) lobster, split
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 10 black peppercorns
- 2 cups milk
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pound shredded Gruyere cheese
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
- Fill a sizable pot with gently salted water and produce to some moving boil over high warmth. When the water is boiling, stir within the macaroni, and go back to a boil. Prepare the pasta uncovered, stirring from time to time, before the pasta has cooked through, but continues to be firm towards the bite, 8 minutes. Reserve a couple of glasses of the new pasta water, then drain the pasta inside a colander occur the sink, and rinse with cold water to awesome. Put aside.
- Return the pasta water towards the large pot, and put the lobster halves who are holding cards, cut-side up. Return water to some boil, then reduce warmth to medium-low, cover, and steam the lobster just before the meat firms and turns opaque, about 3 minutes. Take away the lobster and permit to awesome for any couple of minutes, then take away the meat and reduce bite sized pieces. Reserve the shells.
- Melt 2 tbsps of butter inside a soup pot over medium warmth. Stir within the onion and prepare before the onion has softened and switched translucent, about a few minutes scrape the let’s eat some onions right into a normal size bowl and hang aside. Put the reserved lobster shells, garlic clove, shallots, peppercorns, and milk in to the soup pot. Provide a light simmer over medium warmth, and prepare for 25 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 levels F (175 levels C).
- Melt 5 tbsps of butter inside a soup pot over medium-low warmth. Whisk within the flour, and stir before the mixture becomes paste-like and lightweight golden brown, about ten minutes. Strain the milk via a mesh sieve. Progressively whisk the milk in to the flour mixture, and produce to some simmer over medium warmth. Prepare and stir before the mixture is thick and smooth, ten to fifteen minutes.
- Stir the Gruyere, Cheddar, and Romano cheeses in to the thickened milk mixture until melted and smooth. Season to taste with pepper and salt, then stir within the reserved lobster, let’s eat some onions, and macaroni. Pour the macaroni right into a 4 quart casserole and smooth the very best. Sprinkle evenly using the panko crumbs.
- Bake within the pre-heated oven before the sauce is bubbly, and also the top is golden brown, eight to twelve minutes.
Lobster Chicken Macaroni and Cheese Recipe is ready to serve.