Cool and Light Pasta and Herbs Ingredients:
- 1 pound fettuccine pasta
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) package crumbled feta cheese with herbs
- 3 scallions (green onions), chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- Fill a sizable pot with gently salted water and produce to some moving boil. Stir within the fettuccine, restore to some boil, and prepare pasta over medium warmth until cooked through but nonetheless firm towards the bite, 8 minutes.
- While fettuccini is boiling, place asparagus and peas right into a steamer place and put place within the pot of fettuccine. Steam veggies until tender, six to eight minutes. Remove steamer place and drain fettuccine.
- Mix fettuccine, asparagus, peas, tulsi, mint, parsley, feta cheese, scallions, and essential olive oil together inside a large bowl. Season with pepper and salt.