Asparagus Penne Carbonara Ingredients
1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chopped fresh asparagus
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat and add asparagus and lemon rind. Cook for about 5 minutes or until tender crisp. Stir in lemon juice and mint; set aside.
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley and pepper; add to drained pasta and toss for about 45 seconds until pasta is creamy and coated well. Add asparagus mixture and toss to combine. Top with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Asparagus Penne Carbonara Recipe is ready to serve.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Ready in: 30 minutes
Yield: 7 cups