Toronto Chicken Shawarma Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning (such as Montreal Steak Seasoning®)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 lemon, juiced, divided
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 pita bread rounds
- Pre-heat an inside or outside grill for top warmth, and gently oil the grate.
- Whisk together the coriander, cumin, cardamom, chili powder, grill seasoning, paprika, and turmeric inside a bowl whisk in juice of just oneOr2 lemon, garlic clove, and three tbsps essential olive oil to create a paste. Coat the chicken breasts using the spice paste.
- Grill chicken breasts around the pre-heated grill until juices run obvious and chicken is no more pink in the center, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to some plate and awesome for one to two minutes slice very finely.
- Warmth 2 tbsps essential olive oil inside a large skillet over medium-high warmth. Stir onion, red-colored pepper, and yellow pepper in to the hot essential olive oil season with pepper and salt. Prepare, stirring frequently, before the veggies are tender, about a few minutes.
- Stir together Greek yogurt, tahini, juice of remaining 1/2 lemon, and remaining 1 teaspoon essential olive oil inside a bowl until smooth season with salt.
- Place pitas around the grill until heated through and gently charred around the outdoors, about one minute per side. To put together each sandwich, place some sliced chicken on each pita top with a few of the pepper mixture along with a good dollop of yogurt tahini sauce.
Toronto Chicken Shawarma Recipe is ready to serve.