Two cups uncooked instant white rice
- Three 3/4 cups water
- One and a half tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 6 small red potatoes, reduce in to 3/4-inch cubes (Two cups)
- Two medium carrots, reduce in to 1-inch pieces (3/4 cup)
- 1 extra-large vegetarian vegetable bouillon cube
- 2 cups fresh small broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh small cauliflower florets
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, coarsely chopped (1/2 mug)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
How to make Vegetarian Curry
- Cook rice by 50 percent cups of the water as aimed upon bundle.
- In 3-quart soup pot, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Include curry powder, salt, cumin and ground red pepper; prepare and stir 1 moment. Include onion and garlic; prepare and mix One moment longer.
- Add potatoes, carrots, bouillon cube as well as One 1/2 cups from the leftover water. Heat to boiling. Decrease warmth to medium; cover and simmer Ten minutes.
- Add broccoli, cauliflower and bell pepper; cover as well as simmer 4 to 6 minutes or till vegetables are crisp-tender.
- In small dish, blend leftover 1/4 cup water and the flour until sleek. Add to saucepan; cook as well as stir over medium heat till combination boils and thickens. Steam as well as stir 1 minute. Function over rice.
Vegetarian Curry is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 4 servings (2 cups each)